Your pet's home away from home.
Effective October 1, 2023, we will no longer offer boarding services on the weekends. We will continue to offer boarding Monday - Friday for our clients who need to board their pet(s).
Located in Rockland, Rockland Animal Hospital offers pet boarding for cats and dogs so you can enjoy peace of mind while you're away.
At Rockland Animal Hospital, we know the importance of finding the perfect boarding facility. We are dedicated to making your pet's vacation as comfortable and satisfying as possible and we promise to take care of your furry friend as if they were our own.
Our boarders enjoy these amenities during their stay:
- Clean, spacious cages and runs
- Outdoor leash walks
- A comfortable atmosphere
- Fresh bedding and daily housekeeping
- Individualized care
- Daily observations
- Veterinary medical care (if needed)
To make your pet's stay as comfortable as possible, feel free to send them with their favorite treats, toys, or bedding.
We love having your pet board with us and hope they enjoy it as well. We try to give them extra special care and attention. Please ask to tour our facilities so you know where your pet is staying while you're away. Our policies are in your pet's best interest so please ask if you have any questions. If you are not a current client, we will need to have a current copy of your pet's vaccination history prior to boarding and will update anything that is overdue prior to or during your pet's stay with us.
- Dogs must be current for Distemper/Parvovirus, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), and Rabies vaccinations and had a negative Heartworm and Fecal test within the past 12 months.
- Cats must be current for Distemper and Rabies vaccinations and had a negative Fecal test within the past year and a negative test for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) at some point (based on the cat's indoor/outdoor status).
- All pets must be free of fleas and ticks when admitted, they will be checked and treated with either Frontline, NexGard, or Capstar if necessary to kill the fleas and/or ticks.
- We furnish bedding and feed Hills Science Diet pet food. You may provide your pet's own food if you wish. We are not responsible for toys or blankets left with a pet that becomes soiled or damaged.
- Please inform us in writing of any special needs/medical conditions/medications/allergies that your pet may have and leave us an emergency phone number where we can reach you if needed.
- Admission and discharge for boarding are during normal office hours, Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Pets picked up after 10:00 am on any day will be charged for a full day of boarding. There are no admissions or discharges on holidays.
- Any medical problem that occurs during boarding will be treated appropriately, charged for, and the owner notified if needed.
- Boarded animals do not receive a veterinary physical exam unless a problem develops or an exam is specifically requested or needed at the time of admission.
- All dogs are walked outside on a leash at least 3 times daily. An extended walk, for 20 minutes, may be requested for an additional charge. Extended walks will be given and charged if a dog is stressed by the boarding experience or requires more exercise.
- We can bathe your dog before you pick them up for an additional fee.
- Dogs and cats are boarded in separate areas and enjoy air conditioning during the summer months. If at any time you have questions about your pet or suggestions as to how we may improve our services, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Our Boarding Requirements
Our boarding requirements are as follows:
- Dogs must be current on their distemper, rabies, Bordetella, and parvovirus vaccines
- Cats must be current on their distemper (FVRCP) and rabies vaccines
- All boarders must provide proof that they are free from parasites – internal or external
Please fax your pet's medical records to us at (207) 596-2958 or email email@example.com prior to their stay.